REGISTER FOR A NEW COMMUNITY NEWSLETTER
Sherford Community Trust and Residents Panel are launching a new community digital newsletter that will drop straight to your email inbox each month. This newsletter will bring you information about events and activities taking place, local knowledge, and interesting updates.
You can sign-up and subscribe to the newsletter now - just click here.
Who or what is the Sherford Community Trust and Residents panel?
Sherford Community Trust was set up as part of the community requirements in the Sherford Town proposal. The Trust is incorporated as Community Land Trust, meaning it is required to hold community voice and representation within it. Therefore, the residents panel was setup just over a year ago.
Sherford Community Trust currently runs the Community Hub and, with the Residents Panel, have laid out an initial business plan for the organisation and a set of priority areas it wishes to develop. Key aims for the Trust include:
- connecting and bringing people together
- creating opportunities for local businesses
- connecting people to the local natural environment and heritage
- creating opportunities for young people
- improving communications and collaboration amongst local groups and residents
- ensuring the Trust is sustainable in the long term
- developing the governance of the Trust to elect resident board members that represent each neighbourhood.
More about this will be shared in the upcoming community newsletters with regular updates from the Trust and Residents Panel. In the meantime, you can find out more about how you can get involved on the Trust website here.