KING’S CORONATION STREET PARTIES
Sherford residents are known for having a keen community spirit and for organising excellent community celebrations, from Royal Weddings and the Queen's Jubilee, to VE Day and Pride month. We expect the King's Coronation will be no different and hope the sun comes out for the bank holiday weekend to help make street parties and garden parties even more enjoyable.
The process in other towns is that permission for a street closure should be requested from the Council – but because Sherford is private land, under development, and owned by the Sherford Consortium, the process is different.
Please email email@example.com by Wednesday 19th April 2023.
Your email should tell us:
1. The date and time of the street party
2. Whether or not you want to close a road or section of road, and its name
3. If the road is part of a bus route or used by through traffic
4. Which properties are affected and if you’ve consulted neighbours
5. Name of the resident coordinating the event
Sherford’s site team is reviewing requests on a case-by case basis. The intention is to support these fantastic community events, but where issues like road safety or emergency access are a concern, another location may be suggested. The team will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Top Tips for your Coronation party:
- If you are having a ‘street meet’ that doesn’t involve a road closure or obstruction, feel free to proceed - you don't need permission
- Give neighbours adequate opportunity to move their cars should they need to enter or exit the area during your party
- Make sure any furniture or activities could be quickly moved if emergency services needed to gain access to the road
- Have a wet weather plan!
- Make your entertainment, games and activities suitable and safe for all
- Take plenty of photos and - most importantly - have fun!